What is Dual Enrollment?
The Dual Enrollment Program is an accelerated program that allows eligible students to take postsecondary coursework and simultaneously earn high school and college credits prior to high school graduation. “Dual credit” refers to students who earn academic credits at two institutions – their high school and college or university that participates in dual enrollment programs.
- MDC Dual Enrollment Program provides college-level courses to Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll students who qualify while they are still completing high school.
- Students at Carroll wishing to enroll must meet the following requirements: 3.0 unweighted GPA and submit necessary test scores from SAT, ACT, or PERT. Students wishing to take classes may do so before or after school and will need to provide their own transportation.
- Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll provides a variety Dual Enrollment Courses on Carroll’s campus through St. Thomas University. Our D.E Professors provide the best academic experience possible for our students.
- Juniors and Seniors wishing to apply to St. Thomas University Dual Enrollment Program must obtain and unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher; students in their sophomore year must obtain an unweighted 3.5 GPA or higher and meet the PSAT benchmarks.
- Students must abide by all Dual Enrollment Guidelines required by the colleges.
STU Dual Enrollment Program provides the opportunity for students to challenge themselves academically, prepare for college, increase their high school GPA, experience a college campus, and be ahead when they start their college careers.
- MAT 1104 College Algebra - Semester 1
- MAC 1157 Pre-Cal: Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry - Semester 2
- GEB 1013 Principies of Business and Environmental Administration - Semester 1
- ACG 2001 Principies of Accounting 1 - Semester 2
- BSC 1005 General Biology - Semester 1
- BSC 2250 Ecology - Semester 2
- REL 2079 Sacrament and Symbol - Semester 1
- REL 2750 Christian Moral Decision Making - Semester 2
- REL 1147 Catholic Social Teaching - Semester 1
- REL 2300 World Religions - Semester 2
- AMH 2010 US History I - Dual Enrollment - Semester 1
- AMH 2020 US History II - Dual Enrollment - Semester 2
- SPN2200C Spanish Composition
- SPN2342 Language and Grammar
- SPW 2742 Spanish American Literature
- SPN 2202C Intermediate Reading, Composition and Conversation
- SPN 2603 Spanish Language and Grammar for Spanish Speakers II
- SPW 2484 Peninsular Lit. 20th Century