What is Dual Enrollment? The Dual Enrollment Program is an accelerated program that allows eligible students to take postsecondary coursework and simultaneously earn high school and college credits prior to high school graduation. “Dual credit” refers to students who earn academic credits at two institutions – their high school and college or university that participates in dual enrollment programs.
Dual Enrollment Courses through Miami-Dade College
- The Dual Enrollment Program provides college-level courses to ACC students who qualify while they are still completing high school.
- Students at ACC wishing to enroll must meet the following requirements: 3.0 unweighted GPA and submit necessary test scores from SAT, ACT, or PERT. Students wishing to take classes may do so before or after school and will need to provide their own transportation.
Dual Enrollment Courses through St. Thomas University
- ACC provides Dual Enrollment Courses in Spanish and a Government Course on ACC’s campus through St. Thomas University.
- Students at ACC wishing to enroll in Spanish must meet the following requirements: 3.5 (Sophomore year) and an A- in all previous Spanish class.
- Students wishing to enroll in Government must meet the following requirements: 3.0 Unweighted GPA and receive an A- in American History.
Dual Enrollment Program provides the opportunity for students to challenge themselves academically, prepare for college, increase their high school GPA, experience a college campus, and be ahead when they start their college careers.
What is Advanced Placement? Advanced Placement (AP) courses are rigorous, college-level classes in a variety of subjects that give students an opportunity to gain the skills and experience colleges recognize.
- AP (Advanced Placement) courses on campus are provided for students who are academically advanced and dedicated to their studies. Students in AP classes will take a final AP test with the possibility of earning college credit, depending on their final score. Requirements are based on PSAT, UGPA, and teacher recommendation.
For more information about our Dual Enrollment and Advanced Placement Program, please contact Mrs. Hernandez, Vice Principal of Academics Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AP Exam Schedule
|Calculus AB||Tuesday, May 15, 2018||Morning 8 a.m.|
|Calculus BC||Tuesday, May 15, 2018||Morning 8 a.m|
|English Language and Composition||Wednesday, May 16, 2018||Morning 8 a.m.|
|English Literature and Composition||Wednesday, May 9, 2018||Morning 8 a.m.|
|Psychology||Monday, May 7, 2018||Afternoon 12 noon|
|Studio Art||Friday, May 11, 2018||Submitted by 8 p.m. ET|
|United States History||Friday, May 11, 2018||Morning 8 a.m.|
|AP World History||Friday, May 17, 2018||Morning 8 a.m.|